Sunday, January 29, 2012

Three Great Mommy Books

First and foremost, I wholeheartedly recommend this book especially before the baby comes. I did, and this book gave me so much confidence in breastfeeding. Some chapters, however, are a little off-topic but all together The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding rocks socks.

Here is a book that I bought because I was intrigued with the idea of baby lead weaning/feeding. We decided to get JR started with solids this way and I'm glad we did. If you are very nervous about this idea, I understand, but I'm pretty laid back and the points made within the chapters were sufficient enough for me to start him off with soft finger foods. I will talk more about what I think in later posts.

My next book is called The No Cry Sleep Solution. I for one was resolute to never let my baby "cry it out", but I found myself nursing JR 3-4 times a night for what seems an eternity. By the time he was 10 months old I needed to find a way to stay true to my decision and get some gosh-darned sleep, too! I remembered a friend telling me about this book a while back and I made a trip to the local library to check it out. Boy, am I glad I did! I will also have later posts on this subject.

So there you have it, folks.

What are your favorite mommy books?

No comments:

Post a Comment