Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Wholly Mamma Christmas Endeavors

I work myself up for it. The day finally comes. I have to do a Christmas project with the littles as I promised them I would ("them" being Julian as Ignatius still doesn't know what tomorrow is, Thank Goodness!). As much as I love being lazy, the moment arrives and I have to get everything out and ready for a memory-making morning: Christmas Cookies! As much as it was difficult wrangling the youngin's, saying "don't touch!" way too many times to count, and letting go of my Type-A-in-the-kitchen self, it was entirely worth it. From start to finish, everything went without too much of a hitch and we all got a cookie out of the deal!

 We start with children who haven't been clothed for the day. Jammies are a must when making Christmas cookies, no? Next, we have all the ingredients for our Laura in the Kitchen cut-out sugar cookie recipe. The eggs are next to the bananas in the upper left-hand corner, FYI.

  Pouring the dry ingredients is a group effort in this house. Measuring? Mamma, and Mamma only. My Type A kitchen-style has to show through somehow in this mess!
 I forgot why I needed to distract them with batter on the whisks, but I did and succeeded.
 Sweetest thing ever? Your almost-two-year-old cleaning up afterwards. His sweet goofy expressions kill me!

  A half an hour later (give it a good hour, people! Laura said 30-60 minutes, but the dough was too soft. We couldn't pop it back in the fridge, because kids), and we got to working on our cut-outs!
 Aren't they cute (Har-har)? Our stars always end up looking like washed-up starfish, and some of them non-artistically poked. I'm looking at you, almost-two-year-old!


 Baked and cooling, and most definitely in danger of relentless child-fingers!
 Decorating! Oh, the best part! Wooooo hoooooo!
 Royal icing and sprinkles.
 There you have it! Aren't they gorgeous? hehe
 The verdict?

"YUMMY!! FESTIVE!!! OH SPLENDID DAY!!! MOMMY IS THE BEST FOR THIS AMAZING ACTIVITY!!!"

The end

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment