Friday, April 11, 2014

I'm Never Getting Over It

It rained one day this week, and I brought out our basket of crafty things and had no plans. I saw we had some pom-poms, construction paper, and glue. The brilliant idea popped in my head to draw some type of animal, put glue on it, and tell Julian to go crazy with pom-poms. He specifically asked that it be a cow, but I didn't have a picture to use as model for this project. I am TERRIBLE at free-handing anything, so I asked if this yak on a local block would do:

He obliged as you can see.

He really enjoyed this, and honing my skills of copying other people's work is always a fun task for me. Also, it's tons of fun trying to redirect a child that has no desire to be redirected. Not. 

It's no fun being little and having your mom take pom-poms out of your mouth!

Poor second-born one-year-olds that fill this world with the echoing cry of, "BUT ALL I WANT TO DO IS JOIN THE FUN!" Ignatius luckily wasn't like this the entire time. He might have a quick temper, but it comes as quickly as it goes... for the most part. And yes, if you're wondering he was hitting me here. Sigh.

And now we have the finished product. Cute, no?

Cute picture: check. Cute, proud child: check, check.

Then, Julian wanted to do something sweet for Mamma by making flowers out of pipe cleaners. He started crumpling them up and stringing them onto a straight, yellow pipe cleaner which served as the stem. He chose a variety of different colors and carefully placed them together. He thought this all on his own, folks. What a darling boy he is!




He is the sweetest, most wonderful little boy...

I could've gobbled him up I was so proud of him. I told him to take a picture of me smelling the lovely flowers he gave me. I hope my mamma pride comes through to you here; I couldn't get over (and I don't think I ever shall) that big heart and brain of his.



No comments:

Post a Comment