Sunday, November 10, 2013

Here's Me Writing

Okay, so I feel like writing but I have no idea what to talk about so we'll see how this goes. It's 11:19AM on a Sunday, and I'll write for 10 minutes. I wonder what will happen in those minutes...

This week was a week like any other. I played with the boys, took care of them, did tons of laundry, and cooked some pretty good meals. The one dinner that sticks out in my memory is the pumpkin soup of which I've blogged recently. I made it as usual, but 1/4 of the milk I used was evaporated milk. We also used homemade plain, full-fat yogurt to add some "zing" as a garnish. My husband could not get over how delicious it was! He said it was one of the best things he's had in a while. The fact that he said this about an almost-vegetarian dish (except for the chicken broth) astounds me.
 The soup of all soups. And some cheddar muffins I'll talk about later.
 The babe enjoyed both immensely.
 Yum yum yum!
 Sweet baby boy!
 He ate one spoonful of the soup & licked it clean. He then said, "I don't like it." This confounded his mother. He stuck with the cheddar muffins.
 "I'm happy at you!"
Sporting his empty bowl of soup. 
Sporting the same, only with the addition of my o.j. & vodka & million year old hoodie.

(It's 11:24AM.) Ignatius has not been the best of sleepers this week. I'm praying it's just a phase. *There he is waking from his nap! I'm now running to get him!* I've weaned him from nighttime nursing and instead of waking up every hour which is what he was doing all last month he's waking up once or twice at night. The problem is -- although he's sleeping for longer at night it is at times very difficult for him to fall back asleep.

I co-sleep and incorporate many of the attachment parenting values within my own parenting methods, but at times some of my own "mommy instincts" don't coincide with AP. One of these is ... DANG IT! It's 11:29AM. I guess I'll leave my post hanging so that you'll be eager to read my blog tomorrow.

Hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment