Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I'm A Lucky Lady

This is Joey.
He is my handsome, intelligent, loving, caring, and understanding husband. On top of that, he is an outstanding father. Here he is taking on this role early on when JR was still in the hospital.
We met at our university's coffeehouse. We were both dating different people at the time. It took about 8 months give-or-take for us to realize there was something there. Here we are in our younger years.
We started dating May 2004, engaged November 2006, and married July 2009.  It was a long and arduous road between seriously dating and our nuptials. We are from different parts of the country. We had lots of decisions to make and money to save before we got married. Although it was hard, we learned so much from what we went through. This is my favorite picture from our wedding day.
So here we are, present day, with the gift from God we received one year and five months after our wedding.
I am the luckiest gal around. My husband is so attentive, helpful and loving. He does things that I'd never dream my husband would do. He does the dishes every night even after he's experienced a long day at work. He performs his "honey-do" requests without complaint. He changes diapers and cleans up baby messes. He listens to me even when I'm being really annoying.

Sure we don't have a perfect marriage. Yes we fight about this-and-that. Of course we have good days and bad days. But do you know what? We're best friends. No one understands me like he does and vise versa. I could not imagine my life even for a single day without Joey: my husband, my soul mate, my beloved.

I love you, honey!

3 comments:

  1. Darling, I love you very much. Thank you for this wonderful compliment and for the even great compliment of being my wife and a wonderful mother to my son.

    ReplyDelete